Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years' Eve Poem

Well, I've finished my US History homework at last. If you want to know about Andrew Jackson, you know what, Google it, because I'm sick of talking about his presidency.
I thought yesterday's post would be the last post of 2011- you know, summing up the year, strength in poetry, ending the year with a bang (well, as close to a 'bang' as poetry can get, ha ha), but now that we're in the last hours of the year (and that's in my time zone, mind you- in Greece it's 2012 right now) I want to post something that is really representative of this year.
So here's a poem that I'm calling '12.31.2011' and it's about... the year itself.

12.31.2011
 
Of all the things that came with me
You were only but one
I didn’t pack you in my suitcase
But you still saw the sun
You stood with me at the top of a mountain
And walked with me through the streets of Rome
You sat by me while I cried inside
Because I was leaving my home.

When I came back, I clung to you
In all my newfound despair
All the things that came with me
And breathed that beautiful air
I won’t let go of my journals
Or my memories in photo
But the year 2011
I will have to now let go.

You can tell I tried a little too hard with the rhyming. :) Shut up, I wrote it in like five seconds.
Anyway, I'm most definitely not posting anything tomorrow because I'm going to my aunt and uncle's for New Years Day. So here are my New Years Resolutions because I find my sense of humor amusing:

1. Lose weight. (Oh my God. Lose weight? What is this? I'm becoming a product of conformist society, I am.)
2. Stop saying stuff like 'product of conformist society'.
3. Finish editing The Eraser. (new title of The Word Story, if anyone who's familiar with my novels is reading this)
4. Finish writing The Gold Door.
5. Get straight As. Wait. I have straight As. Get straight A+s. There, better.
Five New Years' Resolutions is enough. Five is my favorite number now, anyway. Hold on, it's 5:55! Awesome. 
Happy New Year, everybody! Happy 2012! Let's see if we can make it past the Winter Solstice without dying horrible deaths! 
Vote for  me in the Probability of Miracles contest on Figment! My story is 'Gray Girl'!
-magic*esi



OK. The reason five is my favorite number is because I got a five on my AP Art History exam as a freshman last year!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't hold that in any longer. :)


12.31.2011
A poem summing up my feelings about 2011
“When I came back, I clung to you
In all my newfound despair
All the things that came with me
And breathed that beautiful air.”
December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment