Tuesday, December 27, 2011

HAPPY NATIONAL FRUITCAKE DAY!

Well, since I missed Christmas, I thought I'd celebrate National Fruitcake Day with everybody. I just looked that up on some 'holiday every day of the year' site.
I'm typing on my sister's laptop and there's no delete key so it's hell to do this. I mean, there IS a delete key but you have to slam it three times to make it work. And I have typo OCD so it's not fun.
Anyway. Since I missed Christmas and the day after, I've got two new poems. One called 'Angel', which sounds like it's in the Christmas spirit but it's not, I assure you; just more depressing stuff. Then one called 'Gray Girl' which I wrote as a bit of a haunting nursery rhyme. Both written yesterday in the car ride to my grandma's house for Chanukah Night Seven.

Angel
White
Pure white
Like an angel

Summer angel
Spread her wings
Wear white
Walk in summer heat
Break summer heat
With clear white wings
And fly
And brush the edge of heaven

Stand at the corner
And watch you go
As I wait, wait, wait
Open expanse of
Only sky, sky, sky

Autumn angel
With gauze white wings
And cotton white dress
Angel flew too close to the sun
And fell to earth
With white wings burnt

Let ashes fall
Return to your ground
In this place there is only dark
And the only light
Burns when you touch

Winter angel
Sits in cold
With blackened wings against blackened sky
No stars
Except silver snowflakes

White snow
Falls in swirls to earth
And covers wings
New wings
Reborn wings
O newly white
She'll sit and wait, wait, wait
For the time when she can return
Her wings will wait
And she shall not fall again
You know better now, my angel.

Like an angel
Pure white
White

Gray Girl
Gray girl gray girl
Walking through her gray world
Picking up pieces of
Broken little dreams

Find me find me
Take me there and bind me
Just don't forget that
I am stronger than I seem.

Take me take me
You cannot forsake me
I will never find a way
To get out of your world

But yet here, yet here
Don't place any bets here
Gray Girl may have unknown tricks
Hidden up her sleeve…


So there you have it- two wintry creepy poems about mysterious fantasy creatures. I hope you enjoyed them.
Happy Last Night of Chanukah, everybody!
I'll be sure to write more soon!
-magic*esi


Angel
A metaphorical poem about a girl who no longer wants to feel 
“Let ashes fall
Return to your ground
In this place there is only dark
And the only light
Burns when you touch.”
December 2011
Gray Girl
A haunting nursery rhyme about revenge and escape
“Gray girl gray girl
Walking through her gray world
Picking up pieces of 
Broken little dreams”
December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment