Tuesday, December 20, 2011

About

If you read my over pretentious profile, you'll know more about me. But for now, all you need to know is that I'm a teenage writer who mostly focuses on fiction novels (currently on the third one in my series, the Keoluvent Trilogy) but I also write poetry. This blog is for my poetry and occasionally actual posts. I've already got a goodly collection of it so I'll post new ones and also old ones when I feel like it.

I don't particularly want anyone in my real life to read these. A lot of them are personal.
So I guess this will be one of these blogs that I imagine everyone in the world will secretly read, but will mostly be lost in the enormous shards of cityscape of the Internet.

Yes... So that's it.

EXCEPT for (this is an edit from like a month after I started this):
I have a new addition to make this poetry blog more accessible to the busy Internet reader! Don't feel like reading through all the crap I put around a poem? Too lazy to read an entire poem only to find you hate it? A new feature, called the 'Poem Summary', will be at the end of every post. Scroll to the bottom to find out whether you would like the poem or not.
It would look something like this:


Letters and Numbers
A poem about what to make of love and self-esteem.
“Wash away my past, oh silver rain,
From my bare-branched trees and
My dirt-smeared roads.
Wash away my troubles and my sins and my leaves
Take the dark in my soul down the gutter with you
And leave me, waiting for snow, all new.”
December 2011

Title, one-sentence description, excerpt, approximate date. AND the date will also be color coded. Here's the color code:
Love Poems
Poems about Europe
Nature Poems
Depression/ Life Sentiment Poems
Descriptive/Whimsical Poems
Art Poems
Manifesto Poems
Other

This seems super ridiculously complex, but you'll get used to it. I hope.
Anyway. I'm listening to 'Eleanor Rigby' right now on repeat. I adore that song right now. And always, yeah.
Okay! Enjoy my poetry!
-magic*esi

No comments:

Post a Comment