Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sorry Nonexistent Readers! Here is a Happy Poem

I know, yesterday's post was depressing. I shall make up for it with a happy poem. Let me try to find one... I'm supposed to go to a meeting for my school's lit mag today, but as if. There's an idiot sub instead of the teacher who usually supervises it, who's on maternity leave, so yeah, no. And there's no one here today in school... everyone's at Teen Arts.

Ugh. Did you know yesterday my English teacher assigned us to read an essay longer than the novella I wrote in seventh grade? Emerson. Freaking Emerson. He's a good writer, damn it, but GOD SO LONG.
Damn. My friend (annoying Harry Potter one from the last post) just said she wants to go to the lit mag meeting. Auuugggh. She'll force me to go. And I have a lab report to do!

OK. Here's yer happy poem. It's not really happy, but it's not depressing either. Coincidentally, it was published in my school's lit mag.
I hope I haven't posted this before on here.

The Queen's Ball


The hallway was silent
The light-bulbs were darkened
The floor was sparkly clean.
The windows were sleeping
No grass-hoppers leaping
As all awaited the Queen.
Then footsteps were heard,
And then a quiet whisper,
“Look, look, she’s here!”
And eagerly awaiting
The hallway was stirring
As the sound drew ever near.
A candle then flickered
The flame softly dancing
And figures stepped into the light.
A pixie, a bullfrog,
A butterfly, a genie,
As the dance lit up the night.
The Queen’s Court played music
And partners were chosen
And in the middle of it, she stood tall
In a soft golden gown
With a halo round her head
The Fairy Queen leading her ball.
Woodland elves gave out pastries
Dripping with sugar
That was spun in the hollow of a tree
And Cupid sat in a corner
Watching the dancers
Cackling madly with glee.
The moon glowed ever brighter
But pixies still hung baubles
To add to the golden glow
But in the midst of the dancing,
There was a quick pause
As the violinists held aloft their bows
The Queen walked to the center
And retrieved her crown
And thanked all for a very good show.
She just left- it went quiet
And the pixies’ wings
Came to a tentative close
“I suppose,” said the conductor,
“As the Queen’s parties go
This is as bad as it goes.”
But what did go wrong?
And as to that, it is said
That nobody knows.
As the Queen’s Court packed their things
And left in a rush
Saddened by the ball’s sudden end
The hallway was silent
As all sat to wonder
If the Queen would stop to visit again.

And now I've got a friend to avoid and a lab report to do, so I shall post more later.

Your lab-report-lacking poet,
magic*esi

No comments:

Post a Comment