Tuesday, March 6, 2012

'Help' and, well, Untitled, I guess...

Wow, it has been forever. The last time I posted was February 25th. It's not like I exactly have a crew of adoring fans here, but still. I didn't want this to turn into one of those blogs I eventually let rot into nonexistence. I have a ton of those. The good thing about this one is that it has the topic of poetry, which I write a lot of, and then want to post.

OK, the first one is about someone who wants to commit suicide and gets some annoying help or someone suggests to call a suicide hotline or whatever... UPDATE FROM THE FUTURE: a hypothetical person. Not everything I write is about me, ya know. :)

Help


Do you need help?
You’re the sort of person that needs help
There’s something deeply,
deeply
wrong with you.
Everyone would be better off without you
Do you need help?
Yes, you do
You’re crazy
Crazy crazy crazy
Do you like the sound of that?
Crazy?
Gone crackers?
Gone bananas?
Driven mad?
I think you need help
I think you should seek help right now
Instead of wasting time on
the chemistry work
You need a lot of help
It’s no wonder no one likes you
No one pays attention to you
If you don’t want to be ignored anymore
we can help you a lot
I know a great way
To make everyone stop ignoring you!
Do you need help
Figuring out how to die?

'Kay, right now I've been studying for Chem for the last ten minutes (we have a really difficult test on stoichiometry today) so let me post the next poem quickly. It's about not being part of the crowd that's obsessed with grades and colleges, and just letting myself be free to be myself.

Not Sure of a Title
Sorry
Sorry I shattered your
perfect crystal-ball world
Sorry I pierced the
pretty spun glass
until the cracks began to show
and spread
in spidery black lines
and then crash
crack
A thousand little dusty white pieces
all over the floor
Cough
I coughed when the dust rose
in perfect little white steam-clouds
Sorry I coughed
because the smoke was pretty
but it filled my lungs and I know
it’s unhealthy to let myself swallow
and then cough
hack
A cloud of steam in your eyes
to show you I’m not you
Boom
Boom went the world when I stomped
on the perfect grassy green ground
I don’t like your little
manufactured pretty world
I am not part of
your ivy-climb crowd
‘Cause I once was there
And I sang too loud
But I won’t turn
back
A trail of footsteps in my wake
all over the ground

I love this poem personally; I wrote it in economics yesterday (instead of, like, paying attention to economics, my least favorite class) and so yeah. 
Oh, and I just realized my poem 'Help' kinda indicates that people who commit suicide just want attention. I know that's not true. That's not what the poem's supposed to say. Not exactly sure what it's supposed to say; I wrote it in chemistry when I was feeling really crappy, so it's just my feelings spilling onto paper (or a Pages document, I guess).
ANYWAY. Got molar masses to convert, so I'll post more later.

Your expert in stoichiometry and poet,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment