Monday, April 16, 2012

Mae's Poem

I know I've already posted on here today, but that was an angry rant, and this is a poem. Gosh. I haven't posted real poetry in forever.

So here it is. Mae's Poem.

Mae's Poem
Dreams
like rays of light from beneath the storm cloud.
Hopes
like the stars that fall to earth with all their goodness.
Wishes
like the leaves that change their colors in the autumn
I dreamt of you
while dancing under a moon beam
I hoped
to be saved
from drowning in the deep, dark ocean
I wished for love,
But words rained down on me instead.
Words, glorious words.
And I remembered
there is always a rainbow after a rainstorm
And I remembered
there is always a sunrise after a sunset
So now I pledge
to help you out of the darkness
So now I pledge
to never again return

Mae, in The Wishmaker, writes this poem.
Anywho. Hope ya liked it.
Bye.
From your poet,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment