Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Has It Been Forever? It Has Not

First post of May! I feel like I barely post anymore. I mean, once people start reading this (that implies people eventually will, ha ha) I'll post regularly.
But don't expect that next year. You want to see my schedule for next year?

UPDATE FROM THE FUTURE: a lot of this stuff is really dumb. Like, AP Stats is a joke. It's really easy. So, yeah, I didn't know a lot back then.

French 4- lovely, but I've heard it's difficult
AP English Literature- YAAAAY
Journalism/Creative Writing- YAAAAY and a practical arts credit
AP US History- yay But difficult. (See my e.e. cummings-esque capitalization there?)
AP Statistics- Trust me, I didn't want to take this. I'm not even prepared- the prerequisite is calculus. I'm taking Algebra 2 this year. (Speaking of which, the whole point of this post is to procrastinate studying for my Algebra 2 test tomorrow.) But I'm required to by the stupid program at my school.
Lunch- SO DIFFICULT AAAH. :)
AP Bio- Should be difficult, but eh. I'm cool with bio.
Gym- Hatred, I hate it. Did you know this gym teacher, not even my gym teacher, did the following (in play format):

Random Dude: Hey. Ms. Crazy Sports (that's her name now, btw) wants you over there. Both of you.
My Friend and I: Uh, oh, all right. (Walk over there)
Ms. C (looks at my friend): You got a P.E. app on that phone?
My Friend: Wh-what?
Ms. C: An app. You know what an app is?
My Friend: (nods)
Ms. C: Well, you got a P.E. app? A physical education app?
My Friend: No...
Ms. C: Well, you must've been texting Michelle Obama or someone real important to let it interrupt P.E. (turns to me) And you! Is that book for English or P.E.?
Me: (looks at Walden) Uh... I'm just... uh... reading it... Should I put it away...?
Ms. C: Well, you both better put away those things in your lockers, and from now on, you don't bring anything to P.E. but that water bottle (points to my water bottle) and your self.

Earlier that day:
Friend at my lunch table: Ugh, are you kidding me?
Me: What?
Friend at my lunch table: (pointing to school paper) They're getting the turf field after all.
Me: MORE money spent on sports? Guess they'll take it from the arts...
Friend at my lunch table: We don't HAVE money for the arts to take from. We pay for it ourselves.

MORAL OF THE STORY: It is a better use of my time to learn and be enlightened then to stand around while people play volleyball around me.

Anywho. So that's my schedule, and a little anecdote in play format as well.
And the moral of THIS story is- would you look at that? I barely even have time to do my Algebra 2 homework anymore. Guess I just won't study. Too bad.

Oh, you wanted a poem? Here's a fun story: Yesterday, some Figgie (by the way, despite my constant bashing of Figment on here, I actually do adore the site. Lots of stuff I like comes out weird on here. For example, my English teacher. Or BES, a really nice person in real life. Special Snowflake is an idiot, though, and always shall be.) complained about a writing assignment to include all her vocab words in a poem. So she challenged us to try it. I, never one to turn down an opportunity not to do my economics homework, took the challenge.
It came out pretty well. It's basically "Shattered Crystal" with more fancy vocab words, but whatever.


Sterling silver coins
Do not console me
And I find no asylum
In the dross diamonds
(that make up your world)
This place 
is not impervious
to abasement
And soon,
the 
light
will
dwindle
Don’t warp my words
With your 
fallacious arguments
I see your vicious eyes!
Like a blood-red sunrise
I am not liable for
your glass minds.
Why should I remunerate you
with my assurance
that your institute
is yet immune
to 
tainting
and corruption?
For it is tainted.
I will be flippant!
I will be pugnacious!
I will be preposterous!
There is a plethora
of wealth
But of life
there is a dearth
here
I am rabid for life!
I am starving for light! 
I venture
to that realm
of rejuvenation
where your
sanguine smile
cannot touch me
Sparse bread, perhaps
is a small price to pay
for 
effervescent life
I heed that clarion call
of music
beyond the horizon
Where I now dare
to go
Dilate my world
It is not 
to be diminished
into small facts and figures
Or bits of precious metal
I am the sun.

Not bad, eh? Not bad. "I am rabid for life! I am starving for light!" That bit reminds me of something, for some reason... Don't know what...
OK, well, there's three minutes left in study hall and I need to mourn my Algebra 2 grade, so I'll post more some other time. Maybe "Give Me Rain"... though I'll save that for when it's raining... so maybe my traveler poem, or finally my song. (Remember that? Haha)

Your sports-hating poet,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment